Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving Point Halloween

A few years ago I decided that I wanted to start the tradition of going to a pumkin patch or a halloween carnival for the kids to celebrate Halloween. This year I got an advertisment for a samll fair at Thanksgiving point. (They also have a corn maze that is haunted, but I thought it might be a little much for my girls.) Ryan and I thought it would be fun to have Marlene come with us also, we are so greatful that she did it turned out to be a really fun night, very Cold, but fun.
Here is everyone dressed in coats and ready to play the games and have a great time. ( I am not pictured, someone has to take the picutres:)
One of the favorite things the kids could do was to ride a pony. This was the first thing that Aby and Keznie ran to, lucky for us the weather was so cold there were not very many people there that night, and Aby and Keznie were able to ride the pony's a few times.
I am pretty sure that when Kenzie gets a little bit older I am going to get asked for a horse. I just will hate to tell her that we cannot get one. Who knows maybe I will win the lottery before then and I will be able to buy her a horse.
This is the gang on the wagon ride. I kids had a great time except for Brooklyn who was freezing from the wind. We kept trying to get her warmer in our coats, but she wanted to see what was going on. It was really funny, but while we were on the wagon the "headless horseman" came over to say hi from the corn maze. He was on the biggest horse I had ever seen, and the kids were so amazed at the size of the horse, that they forgot to be scared.
After riding the hay ride, we went inside where the kids were able to decorate cookies and Halloween bags, while they were doing this there was a halloween movie playing. The kids had fun during this and Brooklyn was all for it because it was warm in the building.
This is a the very end when we were leaving, you can see the balloons that the kids got, we had a great time. Hopefully next year Brooklyn will be just a little bit happier and more cooperative about going somewhere.

No comments: