Monday, September 24, 2007
Finishing the Basement
Ahhh we are finally finishing our Basement. It has taken a lot of years, and planning to get it figured out but we are doing it. We hired out the framing, plumbing, and sheetrock (mudding and sanding included). Ryan and I (with help from a wonderful family) will do the electrical, painting, and finishwork. Tyler will lay the carpet.
The first thing that had to be done was to get everything that we had put into the unfinished part of the basement into the garage, or finished room. We call this room the Cathedral of The Sullivan's, and Yes is goes from floor to cealing. Including putting stuff into the middle of the couches. It really was a work of art.
The First thing to go were the walls surrounding the stairs, then we turned the stairs around, and had them go down into the great room instead of hitting the dead end of the storage room. The only scary part was keeing the girls away from the "big hole" in the ground. We put up a gate in the hallway, and were very vigilant. The hole was there for just over 2 weeks.
During that time the framing was finished in the Basement, and the electrical work was started. Tyler and Ryan were my hero's during this time. Tyler gave up a few evenings of family time to come and help us with the stuff that Ryan couldn't do. Ryan spent a few very late (4:30 am) nights finishing up and running wire, phone, and T.V. cables. In the above picture you are looking at the future laundry room, and the stairs going up.
In this picture you can see the great room, and the future bedroom. At the end of the hall you can see is a small bathroom. (I am so excited to get a second bathroom.)
This is Ryan working on one of the nights with the power cords. He is such a wonderful guy, and put in so much work.
Grandpa not to be left out spend two saturday's and a few week night working on my new banister. It is wonderful and very sturdy. Here Kenzie is watching him cut and measure for the end Newell.
Ahhh finally the sheetrock and my basement is starting to take shape for real. This is the hallway leading to the batheroom and the door to the bedroom.
You can see now the hallway and the laundry room. You cannot really tell from this picture but that is only a small pillar at the end of the stairs, and then they are open and we will put in a banister. I love open spaces.
This is my new Banister, Grandpa did a great job. I don't have to worry about my kids anymore. We will paint this Banister white to match the trim and molding on the walls in the upstairs family room.
This is another view of the banister that Grandpa did, and yes I really did buy that much cereal at the store. When I was carrying the boxes down the stairs (which still only consist of a 2 x 4 nailed in) I tripped and fell down the last 4 stairs I wasn't hurt that bad but I did get a few really impressive bruises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment