Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kenzie Gets a Haircut

Last Saturday was a very busy day for me. I had a lot of errands to run, and I needed to get to a baby shower and Karsons Birthday party. So I left Ryan in charge of Aby and Kenzie while I was running around to different stores in the morning. When I got home later that day I called the girls into the bathroom to do thier hair. As I was brushing Mckenzie's hair I noticed that there were chunck of hair that were missing around her ears and the front of her face. My sweet Kenzie had decided to cut her own hair. Now to my credit I did not scream at her, instead I calmly asked her if she had cut her own hair. The conversation went as follows:

mom: Kenzie did you cut your own hair?
kenzie: yes (with a smile on her face)

mom: Why did you cut your hair?
Kenzie: I had to get the snarls out mom (duhhh...)

mom: ohhhh I see.

As you can see from the pictures we did have to cut off quite a bit of her hair to get it to look normal again. I am very grateful to have a good friend in my ward who cuts hair. She cut the hair to her neck line, and the feathered it around her face adding bangs for the really short hairs in front. All in all Kenzie is a classic beauty who looks like a little pixie with this haircut, and I am not sure that I will let it get long again. She really looks very very cute.

Who can get mad at a face like that. She does know however, that she is never ever to cut her own hair again. If you ask her who cuts her hair, she will say "only Randi!"

No comments: