Monday, September 10, 2007

Vacation to New York Part 1

First I would like to say thank you to Monica and Aaron for putting their reputation on the line and hosting 19 people in New York. We had a wonderful time and my kids and I would love to go back. In fact Aby keeps asking when we are going to go to Dominick's house and play with him and Kambree.

This first set of pictures comes from the Aquarium that we visited. The funniest part of the day for me was that we got up really early ate breakfast and got into the cars. About half way there we saw a sign that said there was a "five mile back up" I thought it was interesting that they didn't give how long the delay time would be. We realized and hour and a half later that they don't list the times because it would only depress the drivers. I can say that I have done a Chinese Fire drill on a New York freeway now though, so not all of it was wasted time. We did get to the aquarium and had a great time. All of the kids and me included were spellbound and thrilled by all of the marine life.
When we first went into the aquarium the kids were drawn to the Beluga whale exhibit. you can see in this picture that all of the kids were amazed at the whales. This was also our first experiance with 98% humidity. I don't think that the kids were effected by it quite as much as the adults. But wow I couldn't figure out why I even bothered to take a shower that morning.
This picture is also at the Beluga Whale exhibit, but I think the kids wer more interested in climbing on the rocks and logs than seeing the whale at this point.

This was taken in front of the pengin exhibit, and you can begin to see why many people in New York were amazed to see us all together. The ony ones missing from this picture are the moms, hmmmm.... do moms like to get their pictures taken???
Here you can see me cute girls in front of the pengins. Aby was so excited to be able to tell Grandma Sullivan that she saw real pengins. (they are Grandma Sullivan's favorite animal.) It was also very cool becuase if you put your hand on the glass, the penguins would follow your hand up, down, and around.
When we finally found the air conditioned building we thought that we had gone to heaven. After walking around outside and then adjusting to the inside the kids and parents were grateful for the invention of airconditioning. All of the kids except Brynn are sitting in front of one of the many fish tanks to look at.
This picture was way too cute to pass up. There was a sea shell to crawl into and the kids could see part of a fish tank, Kenzie climbed in and then Brynn and then Kambree, the three of them were best friends. You can just see how much fun they were having by their smiles. We were asked more than once who has the triplets.
It took some convincing, but I did finally get Aby to stand by the shark teeth, I think she was afraid that they would bite her.
The touch and learn center was a favorite with the kids, they had lobsters, crabs, and star fish. Here you can see Grandpas helping Kenzie hold the star fish. Kenzie also held or touched the lobster and crabs, Aby would only touch the star fish.
After playing with the real fish Kenzie decided to play in the sand with the shells she loved to pick up the dand and shells and see the different colors and shapes. Soon after Kenzie discoved the shells all of the kids were playing over their also.
These were the souvoners that Aby and Kenzie choose. We walked through the whole store, and when we were done I said what is the one thing that you want to choose, they both saide umbrellas. I got them those, and got me a 45 piece puzzle and some color books. The umbrellas proved to be a wonderful choice a few days later when there was a huge rain storm in New York. One a proud parent note, Aby does love the puzzle, and after coming home from the trip mastered it after being shown how to do it two times, once by dad, and once by Grandpa. She can now put the puzzle together in only a few minutes and is asking for another harder puzzle.

No comments: