I have started setting up a group activity for parents to take their kids places to get them out of the house 2 times a month. I am doing this for selfish reasons, my kids need to get out of the house every once in a while or they start to go stir crazy and drive me nuts, and they want to play with thier friends. On this particular Tuesday a group of us went to the TreeHouse museum in Ogden. My kids had never been there, and it was fantastic. even after 3 hours we still had not even seen only all of the museum. So it is definatley one that I will go back to often.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
TreeHouse Museum
Someday I am going to figure out how to put all of my pictures in the right order, but today is not that day. These pictures are not even in backwards order, they are in random order. I am not even sure how I managed to do that.
I have started setting up a group activity for parents to take their kids places to get them out of the house 2 times a month. I am doing this for selfish reasons, my kids need to get out of the house every once in a while or they start to go stir crazy and drive me nuts, and they want to play with thier friends. On this particular Tuesday a group of us went to the TreeHouse museum in Ogden. My kids had never been there, and it was fantastic. even after 3 hours we still had not even seen only all of the museum. So it is definatley one that I will go back to often.
Brooklyn had a fun time playing with the puppets in the midevel castle area. She wasn't so happy during other parts of the day.
Kenzie thought that all the dress up costumes in each place were the best part, but I liked her best as the jokcr for the King and Queen. (Aby and Mati Ball) I am not sure she understood about the costume, but she thought it was great fun to wear it around.
Aby was the happies in the doll house area, where there were plenty of dolls to play dress up with. She had a lot of fun trading around their outfits and playing with them.
This was the craft area where the kids could create thier own picture just like artists in the books. There were paper, string, markers, glue, stickers, and just about anything else that you wanted to play with. In this picture is Mati Ball, Kenzie, Aby, and Bryn. Brooklyn is trying to see if she can get across the room by going under the table.
It is fun for me to take Bryn when I got on short trips like this, she and Kenzie are best friends, and Kenzie is always asking to play with her. In this case Bryn found the puppet area and did her best to entertain anyone who would listen to her.
There was a small stage with curtains that they kids could put on plays with, however Brooklyn prefered to play peek-a-boo with mom instead.
There was an old fashioned school room complete with chalk boards adn costumes. Aby of course went straight to the head of the class, and started to teach anyone who would sit still long enough to learn.
Kenzie and Bryn had fun in the fire engin stearing and ringing the old time bell.
This is in the music room I wish that I had a picture of earlier because when I first looked over Kenzie was walking on the big drums not playing them. Needless to say I had to get her down and teach her what to do so that she didn' t break them and get us kicked out for the rest of our lives.
This was in the medical body area, Aby and I put together a skeleton and then I made the mistake of setting Brooklyn down, you can tell by her face that this was not a good plan on my part.
Kenzie was facinated by the medical room, and spent a long time looking at all the organs and models that were there, and playing doctor to all the dolls. Who knows I might have a future doctor in the family to take care of me when I am old and forgetful.
Kenzie was practicing her letters on a small chalk board in the schoolhouse room.
I have started setting up a group activity for parents to take their kids places to get them out of the house 2 times a month. I am doing this for selfish reasons, my kids need to get out of the house every once in a while or they start to go stir crazy and drive me nuts, and they want to play with thier friends. On this particular Tuesday a group of us went to the TreeHouse museum in Ogden. My kids had never been there, and it was fantastic. even after 3 hours we still had not even seen only all of the museum. So it is definatley one that I will go back to often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment