Luckily there are no pictures to accompany this story. Earlier this week, after getting Aby off to school, I started to clean up my kitchen, and opened my dishwasher. (This is not a new thing, as I find myself doing dishes no less than 2 times each day.) As I pushed open the door, and went to grab the top rack, I looked down and found looking back at me small brown eye within a small brown furry body. Needless to say I am not sure who was more frightened me or the mouse. (I am sure that it was me, but Ryan seems to think that the mouse was more frightened...fat chance.) After quickly shutting the dishwasher, and yelling I reached for the phone to call my husband. (the hero right:) Unfortunatly, it took him a few minutes to stop laughing long enough to tell me that he couldn't come home until the end of the day and that I should go to home depot to buy some mouse traps.
Never being one to let small things deture me I quickly put Kenzie and Brooklyn into the van and went to Home Depot After looking through the various methods to rid myself of the mouse I bought some different things, and brought them home. There was however, no way that I was going to set the traps, and do anthing remotely close to where that mouse would be found. I was however brave enough to reclean the dishes in the dishwasher, and then deep clean my kitchen. No way was I ever going to give this mouse a reason to stay in my kitchen. I am happy to announce, that since that fateful morning I have not seen nor heard from the mouse, and I hope never to again.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment