Tuesday, September 30, 2008
The New Road
In July of this year, the city finally agreed to fix our road. I wish that I had some before shots, but I don't. You will just have to take my word for it that our road was the worst road in the area. Those of us that had to use it on a regular basis would joke that we didn't try to miss the potholes, we just tried to find the smallest ones to go through. (the only problem was that we weren't joking about it.) Anyway it was neat to watch the big diggers and other equitpment work on the road. The pictures are of the first day when they ripped out the origional road, but it lasted nearly a week. My kids spent a lot of time out in the front yard just watching what was going on. At least they had the neighbor kids to keep them company. One of the workers commented that he didn't realize this would be a parade. (all the kids were sitting on chairs and eating snacks.) The workers were really great though, and would watch out for the kids. 
Wouldn't you be fascinted too, it you had never seen big equiptment up close?
For the most part this didn't interrupt too much, although I did have to drive across the front lawn one time to get out and take the kids somewhere, and I did have to carry my groceries around the corner from my house. That gave the neighbors a good laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Take my word--the road is in much better shape now!! Fun pictures. Glad you posted. Tiffany Oh, where are the Chicago pictures???
TaLonnie, the girls are so cute. They are growing so fast. Its funny how kids do that. I hop everything is going good with the house.. Love yall
Post a Comment