Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gingerbread family home evening

For Family Home Evening during the month of December I decided that we were going to make a gingerbread house. I cheated, because I didn't want the mess of making gingerbread, or the mess of trying to get grahm crackers to stick together so I broke down and bought one of the pre-made ones. (I do want to say that I think it was cheaper in the long run because it included the frosting, and all of the candy that was needed.)
The kids had a great time decorating the trees that went around the house. They didn't even eat that much candy to begin with.
Aby had a great time doing the big pine tree, and was having fun sneaking a few candies at the same time.
Kenzie love the decorating but mostly the candy. Isn't being a kid great!!
Ryan had a little bit too much fun!
I think that the house did turn out pretty great and it lasted for the rest of the month, and by the time that we allowed the kids to eat it, they didn't want it because it was too hard.

No comments: