Monday, April 13, 2009

putting up the tree

Oh Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree! How we love to put it up. (at least the ornimants not the lights. Those produce lots of cuss words. Mormon ones of course.) This year I managed to only have to run to the store once for more lights. I guess you could say that I love lights, the final count on our tree was 1600 lights.
Sadly Mckenzie got sick in the afternoon, and here you can see her sleeping. If you look at the picutre close up you will notice that her cheeks are bright red. luckily the tylonol kicked in for her to feel good enought to help with the orniments.
Aby was very excited, becuase this year she was able to help daddy get the outside lights ready to hang up. We did get them up in time this year, and we even managed to take them down before the end of March.

What a great helper, she was a little sad that daddy wouldn't let her climb up on top of the roof to help hang them. She needs to be a little bit older for that to happen.
Brooklyn was a trooper, but she didn't quite make it long enough to help with the ornimets, mom was actually ok with that.

Kenzie loves to help put on the orniments. She was very happy to feel good enough to help.
Aby did her part too.
The finished product. What do you think. Ok I left it like this for the night, and the next day I spread out the orniments, and made them look more even. I do think that Christmas trees are for the kids more than the adults, so that is why they get to help. (Ryan wishes that we had a formal tree, but not this year.)






No comments: