Friday, July 23, 2010

Vacation without a camera

I know that it has been a very long time since I have posted, and well lets face it I don't really have a lot of time on my hands most days. But I do want to tell a story so that I don't forget it and the rest of you can laugh along with me.
In June of this year I had planned a camping trip to go to Arches national Park, well we didn't go the first weekend because Ryan was too busy the next weekend it was too rainy by this point the kids were getting very upset as was the mom who had done all the work to go. It turns out that Ryan hates to go south for camping so I quickly rearranged the location and instead the next weekend we went North. I am pretty sure Ryan figured out that if he didn't come we were going to leave him behind. As we were packing up the van I was done to the final few things to get outside. I packed up the camera, and started to take it outside when Mckenzie said "mom can I carry the camera? I promise to take very good care of it." I agreed.....Big mistake. I usually put the camera up in front in the jocky box or under the passenger seat. Later that day after getting everything packed and arriving at our campground. (it was beautiful and perfect, we were 100 yds away from a shallow slow moving river, the trees were everywhere, and wow it was beautiful.) I went to look for the camera to start the pictures....No camera....I asked Mckenzie where she put if she thought for a minute and said "I think I put it in a box somewhere....." Not good there are lots of boxes for camping and lots of boxes in our garage. We hunted through everything we had brought no camera. Well what can you do. We had a great trip went up to Yellowstone saw old faithfull went on the hike around the stinck pots, had a buffalo walk past the van only 2 feet away, and played around the camp. And there are no picutres to document the trip. So I am writing this to prove that it happened. The good news is when we got home we did find the camera. She had put in on the seat in the van and then I had folded the seat down for space so the camera was with us the whole time we just didn't know it. What can you do.

No comments: