Yes ladies and gentlemen you read right I did means nightlights (as in plural). For the past year our darling Brooklyn has been terrified of the dark. We are not sure what brought this on although Ryan's current theory is the 4-D movie that I took her to in Dever last year. (How could I know that Sponge Bob would terrify her for life.) Anyway back to the story, so for the past week Ryan has been trying to get Brooklyn to sleep with the light off. (my idea was to put in a dimmer switch and slowly make it dark. the only problem.....We put in the dimmer about 10 months ago, and she still won't let us turn off the light.)
Well three nights ago Ryan put 3 yes 3 nightlights in her room and spent 20 minutes showing her that there was nothing scary. When he got back into our room he was shaking his head, saying he couldn't belive she had 3 nightlights, and still wanted the light on. He was feeling very pleased with himself though becuase she did agree to sleep with only the nightlights as long a the door was open. He also swore to me that under no cirmustances was he going to let her have 4 nightlights in her room, and I quote "she just needs to learn to sleep with the light off, it will be better for her health." I didn't tell him that the next morning her light was on, and when I questioned her she told me she got scared and turned it on.
Well sure enough bedtime comes last night and Ryan goes in to tuck in Brooklyn, and when he tried to turn the light off she started to cry saying that she was scared. Ryan was very patient and asked what she needed to not be scared......she looked right at him and said another nightlight right there and pointed to the last visiable outlet in the room. I was hiding in the hall giggling, and waiting to see what he would say. Would he stay strong and not let her have 4 or would he look at her big blue eyes and sad face and give in....sure enough he gave in and went to go and find another nightlight for her. I love the fact that my husband is such a great guy and sometimes a pushover for a cute girl.
She has now made it for 2 nights in a row without the light on. We are very proud, yet still cautious she still has one more outlet in her room....who knows one night she may need 5 nightlights. We certainly hope not and that she gets better with age.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment