Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Aby's Play group

This past fall and winter 0ur ward got together and decided to do a play group with all of the kids that were Aby's age (that would go to school with Aby) In total there are 13 kids in our ward alone that will all attend the same kindergarten. (yes, you did read the number right!) Some of the moms opted out, and we ended up with a group number of 9 kids participating. This turned out to be great! The kids would rotate houses that they played at each Monday, and I don't think that there was ever a major problem. I know that I never had one, the kids would play together perfectly. Sometimes it was really weird because you would expect some fights, but they never came.

These are pictures of the last day that we will have it until school starts again in the fall. It fell that it would be at my house, so what else could we do but swim, and jump on the trampoline. The kids had a great time, and we loved having them play. Aby still asks about her playgoup friends, and so I am going to have some of the kids come over and play. I do want to tell one funny story. I am know as the popcorn treat lady, to all of the kids. (not for the reason that you think though.) One of the other times that we had play group over here I decided to pop some popcorn and read a couple of stories to the kids. I didn't have any microwave popcorn, so I pulled out my hot air popper and kernals. I was amazed all of the sudden there were nine little kids all trying to see what I was doing. When I told them they didn't believe me. One boy said, "you can only make popcorn in the mircowave." Needless to say we proved that wrong, and the kids were fascinated by the process. I didn't think much of it until at this last playgroup one of the boys came inside and said "can you make some popcorn for us to eat?" I said sure and grabbed out a bag of microwave popcorn, but before I could open it he looked at me and said "no I want the blower popcorn again." I laughed but got out the blower, and before I had it set up all of the wet kids were pushing chairs, and climbing on the counter to watch the popcorn appear! (never underestimate the old way of doing things.)
Here all the kids are in the swimming pool while it filled up.
At the end we got one last group shot. I had made each of the kids a picture frame with a group shot from another time, but it was missing the twins, and they were devistated to not be in the picture so we retook the photo so that I could give them a new picture.
top row: Sean, Keshea, Aby, Brooke, Kira, Dalin
Bottom row: Colby, Parry, Daniel

No comments: