Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The American Heritage Farm

After visiting the temple Ryan and I took the kids to visit this farm. Aby was so excited that she kept telling people we were going to visit a farm, and when we got back she would tell anyone that would listen what we did and what she saw and how much fun she had.
In this picture Ryan is playing a game that they were teaching people. You start with one stick on the back of your hand, and throw it up and then catch it, if you catch it you add another stick and throw both of them up and catch them, you keep adding sticks and throwing them and catching them until you miss a stick then you have to keep trying with the same number until you catch them all. I Know that it sounds boring, but it is actually very addicting, I had to pull Ryan away to see the rest of the farm, and the girl that was teaching the game was up to 37 sticks at one time.
This is actually a mountain man section that they have, and here Aby is petting a pelt I forgot which animal, they had several different animal pelts and let the girls feel all of them.
This was a favorite of the girls, they got to ride in a wagon pulled by horses, It wasn't a real covered wagon because they had rubber tires instead of wooden wheels, but it sure did ride a lot smoother than wagons with wooden wheels.
Kenzie Thought that she had died and gone to heaven when she was able to ride this pony around. She did great, and didn't want to get off. We almost had to leave because of the fit she threw when she found out that she didn't get to ride the pony any more.
Here is Aby on her ride, I hope that I don't have to buy a horse in the future, they cost too much money. Both of my girls really do like to ride and pet them though.
This is the petting zoo that they had, it wasn't very big but did have some fun animals to pet, how many people can say they have pet a turkey. They also had geese, ducks, chickens, and goats to pet.
Kenzie decided that since the turkey had been so nice to let her pet him that she would give the turkey her shoe to eat. This turned out not to be the best idea that she had.

You can barely see but there is our friend the turkey right in front of the bench. After Kenzie tried to feed the turkey her shoe the turkey really did think that they had food, so it cornered the girls on this bench and kept trying to peck at them. Aby thinking that she was about to be a turkey's lunch backed up onto the bench and started to say to the turkey "I am not food, I am not food." She wasn't very quiet about it either she was yelling it at the turkey. I was laughing so hard that it took me a minute to calm down and chase away the turkey. After that we felt we should leave before any other birds decied to make us their snack.

No comments: