Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Accomplishment

There are no pictues that accomany the next story, but rest assured it really did happen, and I have witnesses to will testify to the truth of it.

On Saturday afternoon of the Sullivan reunion everyone was supposed to meet at willow park, this park was approximately 2 miles from the hotel at the start of Logan, I knew where is was so I didn't worry about anything. Ryan and I had taken the girls swimming, and were playing in the pool. The girls got tired, and so I decided to take them back to the room and get them ready to go to the park. Ryan was still playing with his brothers, so he didn't come. After getting the girls dressed, they were bored and so I thought i will take them on a walk. There was a huge sidewalk sale going on main street where all the stores had stuff out. I thought that it would be fun to walk through the sales. I told Ryan that I was going to start going down main street toward the park, and asked him to pick me up on his way. He agreed!!!

I started down main street, and it was only 101 degrees outside, I had the girls in the stroller, and we were haveing a great time looking at all the things to buy and walking around. I kept looking for the van and trying to stay where Ryan could see me. Pretty soon we were out of shops, and still no Ryan. I didn't want to start walking back because I might miss Ryan and he wouldn't be looking for me on the other side of the road. So I kept walking, pretty soon I was at the end of Logan, and turning to go down the road that led to the park. I was finally able to read Marlene on her cell phone, and asked where Ryan was (thinking that he was looking for me and couldn't find me...hahahah) He was just getting into the shower. I laughed and asked her to lead him to the park, and that I would meet them there.

Later on the way back to the hotel I made Ryan clock exactly how many miles I had walked, and it was 1.8 miles to the park. But that is not the end of the story, while i was walking to the park I came upon some really nice dress shirts for a great price. So after getting back to the hotel and eating dinner we piled the kids into the stroller again and walked back down main street to look at the shirts. The end total I walked a total of 2.2 miles and that doesn't include walking around the farm. I am pretty darn proud of myself.

No comments: