Friday, July 20, 2007

This is the Place Monument

We went to the This is the Place Monument on July 20, 2007. Anthony and Sarah are in town and they wanted to go and see it. Tiffany and I had not been since we were little kids, and we were amazed at how they had changed it and how big it had gotten. I am very glad that Grandma got a year long pass, and we will have to go back and visit the places that we didn't get to. I hope that when we go back it will not be quite so hot either, we did pick a day that was 100 plus degrees. Oh well I guess that is what we get for livin' in Utah.
Here is the whole gang in front of one of the many statues that depict how the pioneers traveled across the wilderness. As you can see the kids are excited and ready to go. It only got better when they realized that they would get to ride on a train to get to the houses. You can only imagine how excited they got.
This picture is taken in one of the upper bedrooms in Brigham Young's Forest house, I was really quite impressed with how large and roomy this house was. Nothing like I remembered the other pioneer houses being. Now the story as to why Aby is lying on the ground. I wanted someone in the room when I took the picture, I actually wanted her to stand by the window, but when I said come stand here she decided that she wanted to lay down on the ground and pose, it was so cute that I couldn't resist just taking the picure.
This is the whole gang (me included) in front of Brigham Youngs house. It was a pink house, and had a wrap around porch, interestingly enough, at the time that we were there they were setting up for a wedding reception to take place later that day. What a unique spot for a reception. Here are Aby, Bryn, and Kenzie in the school house. It took Aby a few minutes to warm up to sitting in the desk, but she got right to drawing as soon as she figured out that there was chalk and a chalk board. On a side note I was teasing Braden, and asked him if this looked like his classroom, and he thought that I was nuts and said "no way!"
As our last activity we went on a wagon ride, the kids loved it. The day was not really very busy, and so we were able to take our time and enjoy the ride.
This is how most of us felt at the end of the morning. The only difference was that we didn't have a stroller to sleep in. These two are just too cute for their own good. I also think that the size difference is funny. However keep in mind that Brooklyn is only 5 months whereas Spencer is almost 8 months old.

No comments: