Sunday, December 30, 2007

Big Helpers

Lately we have had several snowstorms some of them small and some of them not so small. A few weeks ago Gandpa Sullivan came over and brought a small red shovel for Aby to help daddy shovel snow. Aby and Kenzie have taken thier job seriously. Whenever daddy goes out to shovel snow Aby and Kenzie can be seen getting shoes, boots, and gloves on and heading out. It is so great to see them so willing to help.
This is aby shoveling the sidewalk after we got home from chruch one day.
Kenzie is helping daddy with the big snow shovel. He is really great to let the kids help him push and throw the snow. I know that it slows it down, but the kids love to know that they are helping.
This picture was taken when we got back home on Christmas Eve, you can see we got a lot of snow and Aby was so excited to try her new shovel. She was very upset that I wouldn't let her get out of the van until I could pull into the garage. She was a great help when she got out though.

Look at her throw that snow!!!
Kenzie wanted in on the action also. So Aby and her would take turns, this was really hard for both of them and our neighbor across the street took pity on me and gave me his daughters little shovel for Kenzie to use. That was a big help. Kenzie loves to help, and I can always tell when she is done because she will come up to me and say.. "mom I need some hot chocolate now please." It is great.

No comments: