Thursday, May 17, 2007

Our new swimming pool

Before you see the new pool, I thought that I would show you what Brooklyn does during our afternoon swimming sessions. I will hold her, or she will sleep on a blanket. She loves to be outside, and for the most part is very content to watch her sisters and their friends play in the water. The only thing she doens't like is the SUN I have to keep her in the shade or she gets very upset.
Ok here it is, I finally broke down and bought a new swimming pool, our other one was two years old, and while it is still in good condition,I will continue to use it, the girls thought that it was really small and wanted a bigger one. So I caved and went to Target to look for a new pool and sprinkler that they could play with. (I told Ryan that spending this money saved him from buying a 600.00 dollar pass at the new rec center.) We found a great pool that is in the shape of a star, and the girls love it. After a quick stop at the rees's to have Tyler blow it up we put the water in and started swimming.
Both of the girls we so excited that they could both be in the pool with toys, and stretch out and play. I was just glad that they were not yelling at eachother to "stop touching me!"
Here both girls were catching fish in the pool. They had a great time, and still play in the pool almost daily. (I have to use our spare sump pump to empty the pool everyother day.) There will be no pictures of that becuase you might die laughting. I usually end up looking like I went swimming. Mainly because the hose will pop off and I will get caught in an impromptu version of old faithful.
If you look really close you will see the sprinkler that I bought, it is really cool, the only thing is the kids won't run through it, they will only use it under the trampoline. Oh well at least my lawn is getting watered and won't die this year.

No comments: