Friday, April 6, 2007
Aby Turns 4!!!
Aby turned 4 years old on March 22, 2007, and according to Karson he and Aby are now twins. This year I was brave, and gave Aby a party with her friends. This was a little bit more work than I first expected. Even though I kept the number of kids very small and limited it was still a lot of work. Aby however was thrilled, since it was one of the only things that she wanted for her birthday. She had a lot of fun and still talks about her "friend party."
We Started the party by playing some games with balloons, this quickly ended as most of the kids didn't understand how to keep the balloons up in the air, and got board.
The activity that the kids liked the most was painting their small easter egg baskets that I had given them for their treat bags. Before this we had an easter egg hunt and the kids thought that it was great.
Aby finished her basket rather quickly, and wanted to jump so she did while the rest of her friends finished their baskets. In fact it took a lot of convincing to get her to come over for this picture.
When all of the baskets were done all of the kids decided that they wanted to jump or swing. The way that our back yard is set up we have combined it with the neighbors so that we have more room. The ward joke is you will know when we start feuding because we will put up a new fence.
After painting we went inside for cake and ice cream. I had some toys the kids could play with also, and they had a great time. It was funny but after the party and everyone had left I started to clean up and realized that all of the kids ate the frosting and not the cake....oh to be a kid again.
Opening the presents with some of her friends around. The present she is opening is from Brooke the one flipping her pony tails. It was a really cute magnet story set with a Dora theme.
This is Aby showing off one of the presents that she got from mom and dad. A new pair of Tennis shoes. (the others were a size too small.) She loves them. She also got a pair of pink crock sandalls, but at the time one of them was lost I found it a few days later behind the toilet while I was cleaning. How it got there is still a mystery to me, and why Aby didn't know where to find it only she can tell.
At the end of the party I got everyone together for a group shot the boy in the front is our back door neighbor and one of Aby's best friends, they play together almost everyday. He is really much closer to Kenzie's age, (21/2) but is very advanced and prefers to play with Aby, although he also loves to play with Kenzie. The other kids are Lexi, Brooke, Aby, Maddi, Keashea,(the resident drama queen.) and Kenzie.
Because Ryan had a release the night of Aby's birthday, we waited until Sunday to give Aby her present from Mom and Dad I am definatly a Roundy when it comes to wrapping, but it was rather big! Ryan was getting ready to leave for some training in San Fransico that day so we had to wake her up from a nap, that explains the drugged look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment