Sunday, April 15, 2007
Planting Plants
Aby and Mckenzie have taken to trying to plant all of the dead weeds in our yard (so that they will grow.) I tried explaining that the weeds were dead and that plants need dirt and water to grow, this only gave them the idea to take cups and bottles outside fill them with dirt, and put the weeds in them and then water them, thus creating a bigger mess. I finally decided that I would show them how to really plant flowers and how they grow. I decided to buy plants that were pretty close to flowering instead of planting seeds (they are 4 and 2 their attention span doesn't last long enough for seeds to grow.) we also decided to decorate the post with some foam stickers that I had gotten. The kids had a great time, and were so proud of thier flowers.
I helped Mckenzie with the stickers, but she loves her flower just the same. If you look close the white bud in the middle is just about to open, and she is so excited to see it open. You have got to love her face. Side note, when she sees pictures of herself, lately she will say "cute" I love it.
This picture was just too cute not to put in.
Aby is so proud of her flower, she did all the stickers herself I spelled the name out and helped her place thoes, but she did all the flowers on her own. She is getting more beautiful and growing bigger each day. Her flower has already bloomed, and I think she told everyone at church about it today she was so proud. Hopefully this will help diminish the amount of weeds that get planted and placed on my table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment